Classic Chocolate Cake

Not the best picture, I know, but we had started eating it (I took the cake into school) when I suddenly realised that I didnt have a picture. This is similar to the Triple Chocolate Cake that I've posted on here, and certainly looks similar. I did use the chocolate frosting recipe from the Primrose bakery book, and decorated with white chocolate stars, but instead used a chocolate cake recipe that a friend gave me after I told her how good her chocolate cake was!

Morgan's chocolate cake recipe
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tespoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups milk
Dash of lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Put of the the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined (this is quite a liquidy recipe, so don't worry about that)

Pour into baking tins and cook for 30 minutes or until ready (a skewer comes out clean).

I iced my chocolate cake with Primrose's Bakery chocolate icing this time, but a chocolate buttercream works equally well!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery