Sweet Potato Risotto

Today I wanted to share a recent recipe I made from Deliciously Ella Everyday - her Creamy Sweet Potato Risotto. I am not vegan, or gluten free, or dairy free, but for me some of my favourite risottos have been vegetarian, as I often think meat is unneeded in what is already a tasty and creamy dish by the nature of being a risotto. Also, I do try and cook a couple of vegetarian and vegan dishes each week for dinner, to help reduce both costs and my environmental impact.

Here is a similar recipe from her website for the base of the risotto: https://deliciouslyella.com/2012/10/27/roasted-butternut-squash-risotto-vegan-dairy-free-gluten-free/

I didn't use nutritional yeast, and used standard risotto rice instead of the brown rice, and it still turned out well although I do think the longer you cook the rice, the better!

My favourite part of this recipe was the roasted sweet potatoes cubes that were served on top of the risotto. These added a great different texture, as did the spinach in the risotto. I added sesame seeds on top as a nice garnish. I made an extra portion of this, and it reheated great for lunch the next day!



I hope you enjoy this recipe if you made it, and have a good weekend!


Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery