Giant Cupcake






Quite a while back, I brought a giant cupcake mould, and decided to bake a cake using that mould (which is sold at most baking/cooking shops). Excuse the pictures, I know they are not great! I make a standard vanilla cake mixture, but had to double the recipe as the cupcake mould was so massive.

Easy to remember vanilla sponge recipe:
175g each of butter, soft brown or caster sugar, and self-raising flour
3 eggs
Cream the butter and sugar together, then add the eggs and then the flour and bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked in the oven at 160 degrees (fan).

For the blue frosting I just used icing sugar, water and food colouring, and then piped it on although I did have a few difficulties with the piping! It had to be really thick otherwise it started sliding down the cake! The last photo with my hand in is to give the cake so perspective, and I would it was about 20 cm tall. (My hand wasn't right next to the cake)

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery