Red Velvet Cupcakes







Sorry about the lack of posts in the last week, I was a bit caked-out last week so didn't bake anything! Yesterday I made red velvet cupcakes, which I then took into English today and they were very well received. In English we also had blueberry pie - Amazing! - and cookies. I used the Hummingbird recipe from Cake Days, which doubles the quantities from their recipe in the original book, and although it says it make 12-16 cupcakes, I think these are probably massive American cupcakes sizes. I managed to make 24 cupcakes plus a small circular cake from the recipe, and I felt that the cupcakes were certainly big enough. Plus, cream cheese frosting has to be the best part of red velvet, there is a consensus among my friends about the amazingness of the this icing! 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery