Many Chocolate Birthday Cakes!


In December and January in my family, there are lots of birthdays - me, my brother and my Mum (not forgetting all the eating of Christmas in the middle!). I thought I would share some photos of various birthday cakes from the festive period, to celebrate the wonderful ways in which you can decorate a chocolate cake! I also love how cake and birthdays are so tightly wound together - certainly, in our family, you have to have a cake for your birthday! The above cake is one that I made my mum for her birthday - chocolate cake with a  chocolate icing. I used this recipe that I've mentioned before on the blog in this previous post: Ella Bakery - Quick Chocolate Cake
 The above cake was one that my colleague very kindly made, and which we shared in the office at work a few days before my birthday.
I saw some friends the weekend before my birthday, and one of them made these lovely vanilla cupcakes, with purple icing as that is my favourite colour!


 Then finally, on my actual birthday, the above two pictures were a cake that my brother's girlfriend make for my birthday. This was a seriously rich and tasty chocolate cake, that was also dairy and refined sugar free! (If you exclude the Maltesers on top).

So there you have it - a round of 4 very different but tasty birthday cakes! I hope this may provide some inspiration for an upcoming birthday!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery