Mince Pies



When going to publish this post, I realised that this is my 101st post! Over a hundred posts, can't believe its been that many!

Now, evidently, mince pies are traditionally Christmas food (I know I ate plenty during December). I made this around Christmas, but since I managed to pick up a jar of mincemeat for 39p a couple of days ago, I though I'd share these now. If you really like them, why not cheer yourself up by making some out of season mince pies? Or, if not, save this for the run up to Christmas next year!

I used sort of a combination of recipes from the BBC Good Food site, http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?dishes[]=mince_pies.

For the mincemeat, I used a jar of ready made mincemeat that I then mixed with a splash of orange juice. The pastry was a standard shortcrust pastry, which was then dusted with icing sugar at the end. It's important to remember that the mincemeat will bubble up, so only fill it about two thirds full (you can see a couple of mine have come over the top).

So whether we make these now or in December, enjoy and eat loads!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery