Gluten/Wheat Free Brownies




This is small selection of the brownies that I made my mum for her birthday. The majority were piled up on a cake stand and then had candles put in them, but (seeing a trend here?) those were eaten before I managed to get a photo! I think brownies are a great alternative to a birthday cake. I made these gluten and wheat free as my mum is intolerant by swapping plain flour for spelt flour. I used a Nigella recipe, but I think this is a swap that could be made with most brownie recipes. Spelt flour gives a slightly denser bake, but more brownies this just means they end up slightly fudgier which personally I aim for anyway with brownies! If you wanted to make the swap, I would suggest doing a small test batch first, especially if making something for not just you!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery