Gingerbread House










For my Secret Santa/Christmas party with my friends at the end of term, I made a gingerbread house - let me tell you its harder than it looks! I used the gingerbread recipe (designed for a gingerbread house) from The Great British Bake Off book for this series. You need a recipe that will give quite a solid gingerbread. I also found it necessary to trim it after it was cooked. I would recommend doing this as soon as the gingerbread comes out of the oven, while it is still soft. I made a few extra gingerbread men to go with it, as well as a couple of trees. I then 'glued' everything together with royal icing. Be prepared to hold your gingerbread in place for a long time. But, despite some difficulties it was worth it as this is another recipe to impress with (and I'm going to make it neater next time)!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery