Chickpea, Broccoli and Miso Pasta Salad



I wanted to share a pasta salad that I made recently from Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow. These photos are from a couple of weeks ago, but I actually made the salad again today! I had some tender stem broccoli in the Oddbox (my weekly fruit and vegetable box) and decided this would be a great way to use it up. I made four portions of this, so that it would be two lunches each for myself and my boyfriend. It was great cold the next day as well, even the salad leaves kept well. 

What I enjoyed about this was that the Lemon-Miso dressing made it really light. Miso isn't a flavour that I had considered pairing with pasta before, as I typically use this with rice and veggie dishes. The lemon kick really elevates the dressing as well.

I made this with lettuce rather than spinach, but any green salad leaf would work. I also used Violife 'Greek Style Block' rather than feta. This Violife cheese has a great tang to it, and a good texture as well. I was actually surprised, as I've tried the Violife 'Original' before and was disappointed by a lack of taste, but the 'Greek Style' makes a great substitute for feta, and adds a great extra flavour profile to this salad. 

I would recommend picking up Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow if you don't have it, and if not you can take some inspiration to put together your own summery, citrusy, pasta salad! 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery