Quick and Easy Gnocchi




I wanted to share a couple of quick and easy gnocchi recipes, that are a great quick weeknight meal to throw together. 

These are made using pre-made gnocchi, which I tend to buy from Tesco, but any brand would work. Once the gnocchi has cooked in boiling water for 2 -3 minutes, then drain it and add whichever combo of sauce and vegetables you'd like. 

In the top photo, I boiled frozen peas with the gnocchi, then drained it and added tinned chopped tomatoes and  spinach, then sprinkled cheddar cheese over the top when I plated it.

In the second photo, after draining the gnocchi I added green pesto (also pre-made) chickpeas and fresh tomatoes. 

I'm not trying to make anything gourmet or fancy here, just something tasty and filling that comes together quickly and easily. Other great additions would be any type of tinned beans, other leafy greens, avocado, or a sprinkle of cheese.

This is great way to have a store cupboard heavy meal, which I'm finding useful as I am trying to only go food shopping once a week currently. I hope you can use these suggestion to construct your own tasty gnocchi dishes! 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery