Chocolate Praline Cake

I recently made a chocolate praline cake, which was vegan and adapted from a recipe in Kim-Joy's book 'Baking with Kim-Joy'. 

We added a praline crust in the middle (as you can see in the photo below) which was not quite as solid as I would have liked, but still added a tasty centre, on top of the chocolate glaze which we also added some of in-between the layers. 




We then added the top layer on, flipping it upside down when assembling to get a flat top on the cake. I know the doming when cooking has created a gap in the middle, but I like it it allow the praline to peek out of the middle. 


Our final step was to add the chocolate glaze on top, which came out pleasingly shiny. A few things I would amend next time I make this, but it was so tasty!



Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery