Mini Egg Brownies

I hope everyone is well, and Happy Easter! Even at this weird time, I wanted to share a simple Easter bake that myself and my boyfriend have made today.


We baked these brownies from one the Great British Bake Off books, but any brownie recipe will be good, depending on what sort of brownies you prefer. I like ones that use cocoa powder, rather than melted chocolate, as I tend to find those too rich. To make these Mini Egg brownies, use a recipe that calls for chopped nuts or another add in.

After you have mixed the brownie batter, gently break up 100g of Mini Eggs. We use the back of a large wooden spoon, and gently pressed down on the Mini Eggs. This helped them to stay in sizeable chunks, a good size for the brownies. Then mix these Mini Egg chunks into the brownie recipe.

Bake as per the recipe. Once they are out of the oven, allow plenty of time to cool (you could sneak one warm brownie to eat at this stage!). When they are completely cool, top with a small dollop of icing. We decided to go for an indulgent cream cheese icing! Then top with a Mini Egg! 


A simple way to turn a classic recipe into an Easter treat, I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery