Cooking for a Crowd: Paella



This is a meal that I made a few weeks ago when I round at my mum's house, for some of our family - there was 10 of us in total to cook for.

We decided to do a paella, as this would work well for a big group, and as we weren't sure what time everyone would be over, and this could be left for a bit longer if needed.

The top saucepan in the second photo is a seafood paella, and the two lower pans are chicken and chorizo paella. We also had peas, peppers and onions in both of these. It was a bit of a hodgepodge of recipes, but basically after frying the onion and garlic in the spices, I cooked the chicken and chorizo, then added the rice and kept slowly adding more liquid, then added the peppers, and about five minutes later, the peas.

I'll share the full chicken and chorizo paella recipe soon - I need to make it again to remember how I did it!

For now, if you are planning to cook for a crowd soon, hope this gives you a good idea! 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery