Highlights from my Canadian Trip


So it's been almost 9 months, since my trip to Canada, but I'm finally getting around to sharing some of my food highlights! You can tell I'm still not used to taking a photo of everything I eat, as from my week away, I just have a few highlights. 

The photo above is the most classic of Canadian cuisine (at least to me) a poutine! This was one that I had in Montreal, and is topped with chicken, peas, gravy and vegan cheese, which worked even better than I had hoped. You can't go to Canada and not have a poutine - and this lived up to my expectations! 


 This is another Canadian classic... a beavertail! To imagine what this is like, I would describe it as a flat doughnut. The top one above was topped with Oreo, and the one below was Nutella and banana. They were so sweet, but a great treat! As you can see from the photo, this was from 'Queues de Castor' and this particular one was in Quebec.

This one is more classic than Canadian, but was from a place called the Post Office in Quebec - a chain named after what the location used to be - where everything cost $6. I had a chicken club sandwich that was tasty and great value for money.


This was a simple treat but so good, banana coated in chocolate and nuts, from a stall by the quayside  in Montreal.

This was from a tiny shop in Montreal that basically sells gnocchi from the storefront, and then you can eat it on a nearby bench or on the move. This was $5 from Drogheria Fine and another great value for money lunch. The gnocchi was so fresh, as was the tomato sauce, then I took the optional chili flakes on top!

Other unpicutured foods that I really enjoyed were fresh bagels each morning in Montreal, which were from a bagel shop called Fairmount, cinnamon, apple and maple syrup porridge made by my friend at her house, and multiple trips to Tim Hortons for Timbits (birthday cake was my favourite). Another great food moment was wondering around the huge supermarket called IGA - I love a good foreign supermarket, I find it so interesting to see what different countries prioritise in terms of food! They also had amazing chocolate chip cookies which went down so well on our car journey to Montreal! 

So many good food moments in Canada, writing these are making me want to go back and have more! 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery