My love for Matcha Latte


Drinks pictured are from Common Ground, N4, on two different occasions 

I thought I would let you know about my favourite hot drink to order when I'm out at a cafe or brunch. Of course, I'm lucky to be in London where this is usually on the menu! While independent cafes do seem to have these, I have also noticed this week that Pret has started to make them, which is way too tempting for me!

I have also been trying to make these at home, usually as a weekend treat. Matcha is a finely ground powder of specially ground and processed green tea leaves, and as I don't like coffee, a Matcha latte makes me happy as you get the excitement of that frothy milk that is usually reserved for coffee drinks!

In order to make this at home, I would recommend having a small, handheld milk frother that you can use. Pour milk (I use oat milk, as this is what I use anyway) into a mug, until it is 3/4 full. Then transfer this to a saucepan, and bring to a gentle simmer. Add one teaspoon and one teaspoon of honey, and this can be adjusted to personal taste. Combine and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes, then pour into the mug. Froth gently in the mug, placing the brother at the bottom on the mug and continuing until the latte comes to the top of the mug.

I'm sure this is not a proper way to make a latte, but it works for me and allows me to a produce a fun and tasty drink!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery