Salmon Risotto


So I've been trying to get more adventurous with salmon lately, as I recently discovered how much I enjoy eating it! 

This was a variation on the risotto that I posted in December. Cooked in a similar way, with an onion softened to start, then the arborio rice put in the pan before a minute, then stock slowly added a small amount at a time. 

Once the rice had been cooking for about 15 minutes, I added the small pieces of salmon (two salmon fillets in total) and the spinach. I used fresh the first time, and then the second time I made it I used frozen - both work, you just have to add the frozen spinach earlier if you are using that. 

When the rice was cooked, I added about 50ml of creme fraiche, and the peas. I then let the risotto cook for few more minutes (I like it quite thick, so I cook it for longer at this stage then other people might do) before taking it off the heat and serving it up! 



Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery