Fried Egg Pizza



Happy Monday! I've been up in Liverpool for the weekend, including pizza on both nights! I would recommended a place called Crust: http://crustliverpool.co.uk - I had a margarita pizza with added salmon, with may sound a little odd (certainly my friends thought so!) but I very much enjoyed it. 

The above pizza is one I made at home a couple of weeks ago, with the dough from a recipe I posted before. Here's the dough recipe: 

Put 300g of Plain/Bread Flour into a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp instant yeast (comes in sachets and pots), and 1 tsp salt and mix with a wooden spoon. Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients and add 200 ml warm water, with 1 tbsp olive oil, then work into a dough. 

Next, roll out dough, shaping into a circle ( I rolled the edge up to create a crust which also helped to shape it), then add a basic tomato sauce, such a tinned tomatoes, toppings and cheese. Bake in the oven at 170C for approx 10 -15 minutes, unti the crust sounds hollow when tapped at the edges and the cheese has melted.

For the most recent pizza I made, I topped it with spinach, chickpeas, mozzarella and a fried egg! Crack the egg into the middle, then it will cook as part of the pizza. 

Enjoy pizza if you have any this week - with 3 days of pizza last week, I will be giving a break for a couple of weeks! 


Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery