Homemade Sushi



Firstly, apologies for the break in posting! I am now back in England after several weeks away on holiday! I will be aiming to post weekly again, and revive the blog!

So - to the first post! A few weeks ago I tried making homemade sushi. I've made it with friends before, but that was mostly assembly. This time I cooked the rice, prepped the ingredients, and rolled the maki!

After cooking the sushi rice and allowing that to cool, I prepped the fillings. I had avocado, cucumber, smoked salmon, and both plain and sweet chili cooked chicken. To go with these, I had some mayonnaise, and also soy sauce to dip into.

The photo above was the first batch of maki we made - each maki roll was cut into 6 maki. Each of them had different combos of fillings, which made for a nice variety!

To make these, I borrowed sushi rolls mats from my friend that first introduced me to making sushi, but in the future I'll be getting some roll mats of my own (two was a good amount!) and giving this another go. 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery