Lentil Shepard's Pie








I made this lentil shepard's pie recently from The Food Medic's cookbook. After an unsuccessful lentil bolganese recipe from a different cookbook a few years ago, I was a little worried about how it would turn out but I didn't need to!

It was very tasty - a good combo of textures and very filling. It is a tomatoey lentil base, then I topped it with sweet potato mash and a vegan cheese - although the second time I made it I didn't add the cheese, as I didn't think it added much.

I've been moving towards eating more plant-based and vegan meals, and this one definitely works well on that count. It was also easy to make double portions of it, and it reheats well. This is also a good recipe to good for a group gathering, as once it's assembled, since it's all cooked through, it can stay in the oven until you are ready for it - either 10 minutes or half an hour, both work. 

Overall, since is definitely one to add into the dinner rotation! 


Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery