Recreating my favourite Zizzi's dish



I thought I'd share a take on my favourite dish from Zizzi's - their Casereccia pollo picante. I like trying to recreate some of my favourite dishes at home! 

This is a slightly different pasta than the Casereccia - I have made it with a few different 'fancy' pastas - mostly I try to find one that is twirled and will hold lots of sauce. 

The sauce is made with tinned tomatoes, soya cream, baby plum tomatoes, spinach and chicken. 

Start by frying the cubed chicken, then when it has browned, add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and soya cream (blitz this ingredients together in a blender before adding them in). Let this simmer for about 10 minutes, then add the baby plum tomatoes and spinach for another 3-4 minutes. Add the pasta and mix together in the pan, then serve!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery