Sweet Potato and Chickpea Plate


Sharing a super-simple dinner that I made recently, that is a recipe from the Food Medic's second book, The Food Medic for life - sweet potatoes with tomatoey chickpeas! I adapted this a bit and also added avocado and spinach, which made for a veg-heavy but still light summery dinner. I have also done this again recently with roasted butternut squash rather than a roasted sweet potato. 

The chickpeas are a good source of protein, and this provides lots of different textures and tastes that made for a good balanced meal in my opinion! I am really loving simple dinners, and trying to make more meals that are plant based and not just based around meat, to add more variety and to spend less on my food shop. I'll be posting more plant-based meals soon!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery