Vienna Food Highlights



A classic Viennese patisserie - Lemon meringue!


Enjoying the ice cream in the sun! 


Drinks at the Vienna Film Festival - if you are visiting Vienna in the summer, I would recommend! There were loads of different food stalls there as well. I was part of a large group, and this worked well as there was lots of space as well as food to cater to every different taste! 


I had to try some Austrian wine! 


Eating at one of my favourite places - Vapiano. There are a German-founded Italian restaurant, and they cook fresh pasta in front of you to order! This was a salmon carbonara that tasted so fresh and excellent! This is a restaurant that I first came across in Berlin, and I know they are a large chain but it's so nice and fresh. 


A classic Austrian dish - Schnitzel! I had this a couple of times during the week, as did everyone else on the trip. Both pork and chicken schnitzel were great, and everywhere did it subtly different. 


I had this at a little restaurant that was described as 'Austrian street food' - this was a great Honey and Ginger cider! 


This is what I ate it with - a traditional dumpling, tender pork and cabbage, with some great pork crackling on top! We luckily happened to stumble across this when looking for food on our first day, and it was so good that we went back for lunch on our last day! 
Here's the place: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190454-d10926215-Reviews-Schachtelwirt-Vienna.html 

I would also recommend the Haus de Musik, as well as Nordsee, which is a German fast food fish restaurant. It did seem bizarre to just have fish, but I had a great salmon bagel and I would recommend for quick on the go lunch! 




Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery