Banana Bread





Firstly, apologies for the lack of posts in September! It was a busy month for me, as I went on holiday to Greece for a week, then moved house from Leamington Spa down to London, and started a new job! Now that the madness has settled a little bit, I am getting back into cooking and meal planning! 

So here is a great way to do a quick weekend bake, use up bananas (hard to come by ripe bananas in my house as we eat them so quickly!) and have a yummy treat. 

I've used a variety of recipes for banana bread every time I've made it - this one above was made from Mary Berry's Simple Cakes book, with added walnuts. I love walnut in banana bread - I cut them into small chunks, but they add a great bit of bite to the bake. Since most banana bread recipes are quite simple, they can be adapted a bit, and chocolate chips or chunks are also a great addition. 

BBC Good Food has lots of banana bread recipes, and it's really my go to for any time I have an ingredient in mind and want to cook something with it! 

Anyway, hope you enjoy this banana bread or any other bakes you make this week! 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery