Salad boxes


The salad box above was one of many that I enjoyed this summer from Graze on Grassmarket in Edinburgh (if you are ever in Edinburgh, I highly recommend checking it out!).

In this box was, as far as I can remember: grilled chicken, gnocchi, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, tomato, kale, spinach, chickpeas, quinoa, sweet pototo falafel, and a couple of olives!

Inspired by these, I've been trying to make some salad boxes of my own. Here is the week's box, which is one of my favourites so far.    

 It contains a quinoa and freekah base, with grilled chicken, rocket, kale, cheddar cheese, avocado and a dollop of pesto in the corner.

These are great because you can make multiple portions of the base (this week I made four portions of the quinoa) over the weekend, and as long as you have the other things prepped over the weekend, it's really easy to throw together in the morning, and you can change the box depending on what you fancy each day!

Some other ingredients that I plan to test out soon are roasted sweet potato cubes, butternut squash, bacon strips, and carrot.

Hope you enjoy and this has given you some inspiration!



Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery