Simple Summer Pasta

I made this really simple pasta dish for dinner this week with my flatmate. It is so nearly beginning to feel like summer is on the way here, so I was being optimistic with my food choices!

This began in my head as whole-wheat spaghetti with pesto. Over the course of cooking, my flatmate and I raided our fridge to add spinach, peas, mozzarella and tomatoes. The mozzarella and cherry tomatoes in particular are what I feel makes this feel like summer is on the horizon.

I started by cooking the pasta. When it was about 5 minutes from being ready, I put 4 blocks of frozen spinach in, followed 2 minutes later by the peas - it is so easy to cook them all in one pan and saves on washing up (always an important factor for me!).

Drain the spaghetti, then add a few teaspoons of pesto in, enough to ensure that the spagetti is lightly coated. Then dish up into bowls, adding the mozzarella and tomatoes on top. This is really a recipe where you can improvise and add or take away ingredients as you wish. This perfectly satisfied my summer meal cravings and felt healthy and fresh at the same time!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery