Tacos and Margaritas

Recently I was missing visiting one of my favourite restaurants, Wahaca, and I had seen they had been sharing lots of recipes as part of a 'Wahaca at Home'. I'd already tried making margaritas to their recipe (would recommend!) 

So this time I went for a whole dinner's worth of Wahaca! To go with the margaritas, I made courgette and corn tacos, and also made chicken tacos (admittedly we couldn't find ancho chiles, but went for the best we could!) 

I also made my own flour tortillas from scratch for the first time, using Wahaca's recipe. These went well after a couple of slightly dodgy ones at the start! I stressed myself out slightly by trying to do these at the same time as the fillings. I think in future I would make all the tortillas beforehand, then start the fillings. 

These recipes made a lot of filing, as we had lunch leftovers the next day as well, but I am also a fan of leftovers so this was good! The only change I made was that I added avocado to the courgette and corn tortillas as I had some that needed using up, and used Violife 'greek block' cheese instead of feta. 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery