Food Review: The Clarendon

         
Quesadillas 

Sunday Roast Sharing platter for two 

Included: beef; pork belly; chicken; Yorkshire puddings; roasted carrots, parsnips and potatoes; braised red cabbage; two pigs-in-blankets; bread sauce and gravy.

 This is a new area of the blog for me, but since I seem to eat out a lot, I have decided to branch out into some restaurant reviews!

The first in this series is the a review of the The Clarendon, Clarendon Avenue, Leamington Spa. The top picture is from a visit a few months ago, and the pictures of the roast are from a visit last Sunday, when I split the two-person sharing platter with my boyfriend. 

The roast was excellent, and great value for money, as the sharing platter was the same price as two individual portions. Having all three meats definitely meant that there was plenty to share. The pork belly, despite being a little cold, was tender and tasty, as were the chicken and beef, both cooked beautifully.

The carrots, parsnips and roast potatoes were good, and very similar to the way I would cook them myself, so definitely a dependable aspect of a roast. My biggest surprise was how much I liked the red cabbage! I'm not usually a fan of cabbage, but as we had a large helping I decided to try some, and it was brilliant - cooked excellently, with an exciting hint of cinnamon that left me going back for more and more! 

It was a well-executed roast, with a good balance of meat, vegetables, and the all important Yorkshire Puddings. I would recommend going to The Clarendon on a Sunday, and will probably be back there myself in the coming weeks! 

Overal Score: 8/10 

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery