Pink Champagne Cupcakes






This is the second recipe that I've made from the Hummingbird Bakery's fourth book, Life is Sweet. I've been really enjoying choosing and baking recipes from this book, as, like their other cookbooks, it contains innovative and well-developed recipes.

This recipe made 12 cupcakes. They had a champagne and vanilla sponge, with a pink champagne custard, and were topped with piped whipped cream. These certainly tested my piping skills!

Disclaimer: you do not need to use actual champagne for these. I used Freixenet, a Spanish sparkling wine. Any sparkling wine will work!

I really enjoyed making these, especially with the three different elements. They were fresh and light, and I would recommend as a summer cupcake. If you make these, you will definitely enjoy them!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery