Winging it: My first Vegan Meal


This was a combination of two recipes from the blog Deliciously Ella. My mum, who was in charge of shopping, forgot a main ingredient for both the meal and wanted to make and my back up meal.

Intended meal: http://deliciouslyella.com/sweet-potato-lentil-and-coconut-curry/

Back up meal: http://deliciouslyella.com/sweet-potato-carrot-mash-bowl/ (missing ingredient: chickpeas)

I have been browsing this site for a while, and have the cookbook, so I finally bit the bullet and made something!

I ended up combining the two recipes: I used the sweet potato & carrot mash, as well as the spinach, from my back up recipe, and then combined 2 tins of green lentils with 2 tins of diced tomatoes, and simmered for 15 minutes with a few dried herbs to make the lentil part of the dinner.

This is the first (almost accidental) fully vegan meal that I've made, and it was a hit with my mum, brother and myself, will definitely be worth a try again!



Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery