Chocolate and Avocado Cake




The recipe made enough for one and a half ... here's the half!


 While this recipe may sound a little odd, this is the first time I've made this cake and I love it! Its from Lily Vanilli's Sweet Tooth. This is the second recipe I've made from this book, and for a first attempt I was really pleased with how it turned out. The sponge is a chocolate cake, but the use of the slightly more unusual ingredient of natural yoghurt gave it a nice extra moisture. The icing was just one avocado and icing sugar, so is a slightly lighter topping. When put on the sponge, the avocado is a really subtle and I love the bright green colour - no food colouring used in this! I would definitely recommend this one, and it has inspired me to try a couple more slightly unusual recipes!

Comments

Top 5 of Ella Bakery